Introductions: Tells us who you are, what you do and what’s your summer deep dive (i.e. book, travel, prepping for a new teaching assignment, etc)
1) Looking back at the teachers and professors you have had, which ones reeled you in their lectures and why?
2) The tools! From chalkboard to PowerPoint, there a lot out there to pick from. Which is your go to and why?
3) One key element in lectures / direct instruction is being an engaging storyteller. How you have you helped make your lectures more engaging?
4) Besides the classic “calling on raised hands”, what are some ideas or strategies for asking questions?
5) Visual literacy; Photos, paintings, cartoons, maps and more; social studies is a field where images abound. What are ways you incorporate images and visual literacy in your instruction?
6) The traditional “set and get” style has seen many changes. What are some alternatives to lectures you have used?
7) What are some other ideas you’ve seen or heard which you would like to dive in and try next year?